We are looking for a self-motivated information professional to lead the content management, usability, and information architecture for theBC Securities Commission’s www.bcsc.bc.ca websites. The Web Content Strategist:
- Identifies opportunities for content development and works with authors to design new content for the website
- Manages www.bcsc.bc.ca using a content management system and leads the team responsible for day-to-day publishing
- Analyzes web statistics, researches user groups, identifies issues and opportunities, and reports regularly to staff and senior management
- Participates in the development of new web applications by reviewing design, conducting usability assessments, and coordinating and conducting testing
- Leads content projects, seeking input from stakeholders, and applying project management skills and an understanding of the capabilities and limitations of technical solutions
- Provides expertise in creating knowledge management solutions for the corporate intranet
You are an information professional with at least two years of applied web management experience and a degree in information studies/science, publishing, or communications. You have managed an information-intensive website and are passionate about meeting user needs. You enjoy solving problems and making decisions, working both independently and collaboratively. You are up-to-date on web trends and standards, usability research, and best practices in information management. You are able to communicate user needs and technical issues clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences, and maintain a focus on business priorities. The Canadian Securities Course would be an asset.
The British Columbia Securities Commission is an independent public agency responsible for ensuring that BC's securities markets are dynamic, efficient, and warrant public confidence. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package that includes an incentive program and a full range of benefits.
Resumes should be sent to [email protected] quoting competition 06:112 by August 4, 2006.
Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.
Contact E-mail: [email protected]