If you love what you do and are always excited by the possibilities, join Alea Software and take your career to a new level.
Alea Software is part of the Sportingbet Plc Group, the most powerful firm in global egaming and winner of the Power 50 industry review by eGaming Magazine. The Sportingbet PLC Group, whose headquarters are in the United Kingdom, has annual gross revenues in excess of 2.9 billion US, and is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange, symbol SBT.L. The Group employees 1000 people worldwide with offices in Canada, Australia, Europe and Costa Rica.
Founded in 1997, Vancouver-based Alea Software is the gaming development house that provides the Sportingbet Plc Group with its revolutionary gaming platform, leading edge consumer games and advanced ecommerce system that handles well over a billion dollars in transactions every year.
Innovative contributions and a strong team of talented and creative individuals have made Alea Software a major player in the online entertainment industry, an exciting industry experiencing explosive growth in today's marketplace.
Love what you do. Apply at Alea Software today.
Alea Software has an immediate opening for an energetic, enthusiastic Usability Specialist to join its Media Communications department. You will implement the processes necessary to bridge the gap between the Requirements and Front-end design phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. You will also participate in the standardization of internal and external interfaces.
- Create and document the process that bridges the gap between the analysts' wire frames and final front-end design. usability approach to functional
- Create and document the UI standards for our software to improve consistency and usability across all product lines
- Represent the user's perspective during the design process
- Conduct industry standard usability assessments
- Work closely with the Front-end Development team, providing support and feedback and work closely with Analysts to create wire frame schematics
- Monitor customer feedback and recommend design improvements to enhance user experience
- Conduct different types of usability testing and user research
- Communicate results of testing and research via presentations and reports
- Education in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent work experience in Interactive/Multimedia Design, Interface Development
- Minimum 2 years of usability experience with web-based application software
- Experience creating and documenting information architecture and web page mock-ups
- An understanding of user-centered design principles and processes with a knowledge of industry standards
- Strong verbal and written skills with a confident presentation style
- Able to mult-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work independently or as part of a group
- Strong interpersonal skills
- â€œCan-doâ€ attitude
If you meet the requirements listed above, please email a copy of your resume and links to your portfolio to [email protected] with “Usability Specialist” in the subject line. Please no phone calls, as due to the expected response volume and time constraints, only those applicants considered will be contacted directly.