Replicon is currently seeking a self motivated, highly organized and energetic individual to work with our Research & Development team in the position of Usability Specialist/Web Application Designer. Recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Alberta for 2005, we are a fun and dynamic workplace that pushes the edge in marketing, sales, and development. If you enjoy working in a young, fast paced environment and have an open mind for change as well as solid design experience then we have the opportunity for you!
You will be required to:
- Design use cases for new and existing features in our application suite.
- Design new user experience concepts, prototypes and presentations.
- Create wireframes for user interface for our software applications (web applications as well as windows applications)
- Maximize effectiveness of site/interface including: content organization, navigation, interaction and visual design to increase customer experience.
- Ensure consistency of visual design elements with the Replicon's brand and products and the visual identity within individual screens and across the entire application interface and amongst our product suites.
- Define and implement usability criteria that meet requirements from collaborating with all enterprise stakeholders: Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Business Analysts, and most importantly our Customers.
- Work with customers and development teams to gather user experience feedback and define usability requirements for new product enhancements.
- Design prototypes that bridge application and business requirements
- Create and edit web layouts/pages.
- Convert designs into HTML and CSS files.
- Enhance the usability and aesthetics of web applications.
You must be or have:
- 3+ years of Interface Design and/or Usability experience.
- UI Design experience in application and web application development
- Experience with iterative / agile software design and development methodologies
- Skills in paper and computer based prototype development
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of graphic design.
- Deep understanding and passion for design and interactive experience.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Expertise in recent versions of Photoshop.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Specialized training/experience in Human Factors, HCI, Interface Design or User-Centric approach in design
- Degree in Computer Science or
- IT or Technical Diploma or
- Design or Arts Degree/Diploma
Selected candidate will have proven experience in:
- Applying user-centered design and usability methods to user interface design;
- Producing detailed wireframes and writing functional specification documents;
- Demonstrating a good understanding of general computer science concepts; as well as an ability to think on-the-fly and innovatively use usability methods to handle situations that occur outside the normal course of design;
- Working as a member of a cross functional team.
If you think that you have what it takes to be on our team, please send your resume to [email protected]