Cartesis is the largest BPM software specialist in the world, providing trusted solutions for driving your company's financial and business performance. As the fastest growing software vendor in the BPM space, Cartesis counts one in four Fortune Global 100 companies among its 1300+ clients around the globe. Cartesis offers best-of-breed planning and management reporting applications uniquely integrated with the number one best-in-class financial consolidation and compliance solution.
Our Product Group Department is looking for: a Usability Lead
You will collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers/Architects to provide guidelines for UI design for company products. A major component of this role is to build mockups for internal and external use, and create HTML/JSP prototypes and templates to deliver to developers.
You will work with customers as well as internal staff from all departments including Pre-sales to gather usability requirements and document use cases. This person will work with product development teams that are located internationally and locally to provide everything from new icons to full prototypes of new interfaces.
- Documenting the UI functional requirements for each new product version.
- Creating designs, wireframes and prototypes of user interface features for all products.
- Conducting onsite and offsite usability studies, and capturing feedback for improvements.
- Maintaining a repository of resources for developers throughout the company to draw from.
- Meeting with internal teams from support to capture feedback for improvements.
- Identifying enhancements to the current UI, and creating solutions that improve the user experience for each product, and across the product suites.
- Producing UI designs and features that are consistent with corporate branding, without sacrificing usability.
- continue to improve the consistency and ease of use between suite components, with the intention to create smoother transitions between products, and similar user experiences where applicable. As new methodologies are implemented, guidelines should be created and updated to ensure that new products can benefit from the work done before.
- be measured by your ability to prioritize projects, prepare a usability plan, execute and deliver with timeliness and with quality. You will also be measured by your effectiveness with your peers and development partners and the resulting outcome of the product's usability. Identifying and collecting metrics throughout the project is essential. As a strong advocate for the end user, you should have the ability to passionately represent user needs to other groups, and the data to back up your convictions.
- Experience working with designers, software developers, QA staff, technical writers, and external consultants and clients.
- A thorough understanding of a variety of software development processes, and how to improve usability in small steps as development progresses.
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to bring projects to completion
- Experience in Product and Project Management
- 3+ years experience developing UI for the software industry required, preferably for enterprise software development.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction or related field desired.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with usability studies, prototyping, and deployment.
- Solid understanding of and experience in HTML, CSS, XML. Java experience a plus.
- Ability to speak and read English and French.
- Please be prepared to show previous usability achievements.
Location: this position will be located at our Head Office in Paris with some travels or in Toronto.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] with the reference 4757 MON-0706.