Corus Television, Interactive is seeking a self-motivated, energetic individual with a minimum of 3 to 5 years web analytics experience. Reporting to the Director of Online Marketing with a dotted line report to the Director of Research, Corus Television, the Web Research Specialist will an advocate for online visitors to Corus websites with a mission to research and report on the user experience and turn this research into actionable recommendations to accomplish business objectives.
The ability to champion the importance of user-oriented sites and data-driven decision-making will be critical. The Specialist will be responsible for devising new and creative methods to improve site usability and effectiveness and to measure that improvement.
- Manage the online tracking strategy, standards and the web analytics software application for the company.
- Manage and administer WebsiteStory's Hitbox product. Create all profiles, templates, reports and research standards. Provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual traffic and analytics reports as well as custom reports as required. Work with vendor to address implementation issues.
- Work with various stakeholders to determine, gather and document system requirements (both general and technical) and establish metrics for improved reporting of online user behaviour.
- Conduct web analysis with a focus on site design enhancements, usability, site structure, behavioural analysis, data mining, customer segmentation, performance management and end to end monitoring and other relevant statistical analyses to improve the user experience and improve ROI.
- Apply sound logical and analytical methods for leading the implementation of proper reporting metrics. Report on key operational metrics and assume role of web tracking and reporting expert. Focus on experimental design assessment, measurement of online products and services, behavioural analysis, data mining, user segmentation, performance management and other relevant statistical analyses to improve customer experience or improve ROI.
- Design and implement online surveys
- Perform industry/market analysis
- Compile and maintain competitive intelligence and benchmarking
- Stay current with industry developments, benchmarks and other measurement tools (e.g. Alexa, Google Analytics etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Required Experience and Key Qualifications
- Passion for web analytics.
- Knowledge of web analytics best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency with web analytics tools such as: WebSideStory HBX, Comscore.
- Demonstrated quantitative, analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
- Highly proficient at analyzing and interpreting data; able to synthesize information from a variety of sources and translate into effective and actionable insight.
- Ability to translate analysis into business requirements and website improvements.
- Able to work and think independently as well as coordinating multiple projects across internal teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Knowledge of site design and usability principles, issue and techniques.
- Experience in search engine marketing and optimization a plus.
- Post-secondary degree
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by July 21, 2006 to:
Rita Ferrari, Director of Marketing
23 Fraser Avenue, Toronto, ON M6K 1Y7
Fax Number: 416-530-5199
Email Address: [email protected]
- Please include Position Name in the subject line of your email.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities
For more information on Corus Entertainment, visit their website at: corusent.com