Join the team that is building the next generation of Internet-based communities for music legends and new recording artists. If you are passionate about software and love regularly dealing with challenges then this is THE place to work. A strong development team with great team spirit and work culture is waiting for you here at officialCOMMUNITY â€“ a place that provides an opportunity to make an industry wide impact.
We are looking for a highly motivated and seasoned Lead Web/Software Developer to work on the web platform for our communities in our Toronto, Canada office. The position involves technical design and implementation of new features as well as enhancements to existing feature sets. We are seeking an individual who will take a lead position in the development with a proven record of shipping iterative releases and enjoys sharing their experiences and knowledge with the rest of the team. Read on to find out if you can be part of this success story!
Required Experience and Education
- 3 – 5 years industry experience with a proven track record of shipping iterative releases.
- Obtained or plans to obtain within the next 6 – 12 months a Microsoft development certification (MCTS/MCPD for Visual Studio 2005, MCAD/MCSD for Visual Studio .NET).
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Math, or Electrical Engineering or a minimum of equivalent industry work experience.
- Experience with the following .NET technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Design Patterns;
- Experience with Agile/Extreme Programming practices (unit testing, iterative development);
- Experience with Telligent Community Server, ASP.NET 2.0 Web Parts, AJAX, RSS, Mobile Web Applications, and/or Media Center development an asset;
- Development community participation (e.g. blogging, releasing sample code, working on open source projects, etc…) an asset;
- Strong object oriented programming skills and secure development practices;
- Ability to quickly understand user interface/experience concepts;
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced team-based work environment;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- … and of course, a strong passion for cutting edge technology!
Please send resumes to: [email protected]
We appreciate and consider all applications, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.