Retail Markets is at the heart of all the service offerings we provide. CIBC delivers financial services to more than 5.9 million retail and 460,000 small business customers in Canada. Lending, deposit, investment products and other banking services are offered through our extensive branch network, as well as through our rapidly expanding electronic channels; Telephone and ABM and Internet Channels.
eChannels and Distribution Services is responsible for the ABM and Internet Channels as well as strategic distribution planning (branch and ABM), Customer Care/Loyalty and Training and Development for all of Retail Markets. A group of about 350 people, our mandate is to focus on cost effective delivery solutions for CIBC clients that drive strong customer relationships and improved profitability.
The group is comprised of five key areas:
- eChannels is responsible for the client experience and strategic development of both the ABM and Internet Channels
- Business Continuity and Effectiveness is responsible for service level and performance management of both the ABM and Internet Channels
- Network Strategy and Planning is responsible for the branch and ABM network strategy and planning
- Customer Care/Loyalty is responsible for managing escalated problem resolution across all of CIBC
- Training and Development is responsible for building employee skills and knowledge across Retail Markets
Key Accountabilities and Activities
The CIBC Internet Channel, Content Management Project Lead is responsible for the Internet Channel's content. The position supports the development of effective and efficient content management processes, standards, and procedures, covering the full content lifecycle with a focus on the coordination and management of content deliverables related to large projects implemented on each site.
This role-plays a key role in managing the relationships between Content stakeholders and the CIBC Internet Channel team (including development) regarding content and content management. The position identifies the content needs of stakeholders, and develops solutions to meet those needs, while factoring the overall quality and continuity of the website into those solutions.
This is a critical role within the channel, which will directly impact our customer's user experience as well as public and CIBC stakeholder perception of the Internet Channel's products and services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support content creation and editing (Eng) for CIBC, Amicus, Brokerage, etc.
- Support the coordination of translation and French editorial review
- Relationship management with LOBs contacts on projects as well as Channel stakeholders (i.e. OLB Team, Brokerage Release Team, Amicus Release Team)
- Responsible for day-to-day contact with Project and Release managers across brands.
- Management of Legal relationship as required by each project
- Support the Content Manager â€“ Team Lead in the day to day management of the editorial processes
- Reviews initial scope of project/release to determine impact and workload for the team
- Responsible for mapping project timelines and impacts to team at all times
- Escalates and assists in resolving project/release issues related to project content and resource scheduling
- Ensure / maintain the quality, relevance of current content
- Participation in the intake process across brand/channel/language for marketing and secure sites as it relates to large projects, releases and complex content deliverables
- Support the Director of Content Management and Publishing in the evolution and continuous improvement of Content Management processes with a focus on project implementation and processes
- Work closely with the Content Manager and Publishing Manager in support of project deliverables / production schedules and assigning resources to projects
- Enthusiasm for the Web and knowledge of financial services
- Knowledge of the Internet culture, and financial institutions
- General knowledge of HTML and Web publishing
- Experience with defect tracking software, such as Test Director
- Ability to juggle several projects and meets multiple deadlines
- Comfortable working in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working directly with stakeholders from different departments
- Very detail-oriented
- Strong decision maker
Nice to have skills
- Experience with editorial work and copy writing
- Previous experience in a financial institution
- Experience using content publishing software
- Experience validating web pages
- Experience with Image Editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop)
- Experience creating HTML pages
- Degree in English with computer experience, or technology with strong language skills
- 2+ years in a Web environment
- 2+ years in quality assurance, or 2+ years in a writing/editorial environment, preferably with experience in both areas.
- 2+ years in project management is essential.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Bilingual language skills and knowledge of CIBC banking systems an asset
CIBC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. CIBC does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.