Temporary Position, to December 31, 2008 (with a possibility of extension)
This position requires full time attendance at our office, located in Toronto.
Salary Range: $53,770 – $63,260
A member of the Communications Team, the Web Administrator is responsible for maintaining the accessibility and accuracy of the website, continuously improving the College's web presence, and supporting the strategic objective of advancing the use of CNO knowledge with all stakeholders.
- Maintain the website according to the strategic plan and the ongoing needs of the College
- Coordinate diverse web projects with content experts
- Design and coordinate the maintenance and timely updating of the corporate website as a vehicle for interactive communication with College stakeholders
- Establish, maintain and document processes for maintaining the website, ensuring accuracy of material
- Research and recommend appropriate web tools/products and new media technology
- Provide web expertise as needed
- Participate and support the goals of the team and the College
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in journalism, publishing, English or equivalent complemented with a
post graduate diploma or relevant experience in web technology/IT
- Proven understanding of web design and publishing, product usability, and strategic web site planning/management/organization usually gained through a similar role that included five to seven years of web administration, content management and/or web design responsibilities
- Proficient in web programs and applications: Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, Irfranview, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Distiller, and multimedia (video streaming, Macromedia Breeze, RealProducer, etc)
- Proficient in MS office suite, PowerPoint
- Familiar with web usability and accessibility considerations
- Knowledge of government and/or regulatory websites an asset
- Comfortable in PC-Mac environment
- Ability to understand and work within corporate culture
- Ability to write web traffic reports and web updates for publication
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and upgrade knowledge of current and emerging web technologies and business/design practices for implementation on website
- Ability to design and administer e-mail newsletters
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated research / writing skills
- Proven ability to develop productive relationships with a diverse group of content experts using strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate and coordinate
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributing member of a team
Applications will be received by fax: 416-928-9240 or e-mail: [email protected] until July 19, 2006 at 4:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those whose skills, knowledge and experience most closely
match the requirements of the position during the week of July 17 or 24, 2006.
Interviews will be held on July 28 or August 1, 2006. No agencies, please.