Type: Contract or Permanent
Looking for experienced practitioners to join the Interaction Design & Usability group at Quarry Integrated Communications. Depending on your skills and interests, you'll have the opportunity to perform a variety of activities such as information architecture, interaction design, and usability testing.
Come join the Interaction Design and Usability group at Quarry Integrated Communications! We're looking for experienced folks who'd like to work with our team on either a contract or permanent basis. Our global headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and that's where we'd like permanent teammates to be based. However, we've just moved our US office from Dallas to Durham, so we'd be happy talking with people in the RTP area who would be interested in per-project contract work. Travel may be required sometimes, as our clients are located all over Canada and the USA â€” and sometimes further abroad.
At Quarry, we help our clients build their business by integrating the customer experience across a variety of channels. We have great clients who come to us with exciting projects that draw upon our broad range of services such as business and brand strategy, communications planning, advertising, public relations, web and digital development, and (of course!) interaction design and usability.
You'll work closely with “Qmates” in the Interaction Design and Usability group, as well as with others in creative arts, development, and project management. Everyone on our team collaborates first-hand with clients, too, so you'll need strong communication skills and a confident, friendly, professional manner.
This is primarily an interaction design/IA position. However, depending on your particular skills and interests, you can contribute to client projects through a variety of activities such as:
- Conducting contextual research for user and task analysis.
- Developing user profiles (personas) and scenarios.
- Analyzing current and defining new information architectures.
- Designing the form and behavior of websites, web applications, and desktop software.
- Constructing prototypes for the purposes of communicating design ideas or assessing them through usability tests.
- Communicating the intent of your design work through specifications, storyboards, etc.
- Planning and facilitating usability tests and design checkpoints. These activities may be conducted in our usability lab in Waterloo, with our portable labs in field locations, or remotely over the Internet.
- Demonstrated abilities in interaction design and information architecture.
- Solid understanding of the principles and processes of usability and user-centered design.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in a client service environment.
- A strong contributor in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with planning and facilitating usability tests (optional).
- Experience with Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, or similar tools is required.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and Flash would be an asset, but is not required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
To learn more about Quarry and our interaction design and usability services, visit our website at: http://www.quarry.com/.
We thank everyone for their interest in Quarry; however, only those who are requested to attend an interview will be contacted.