Originally from Workopolis.
PwC Canada has an exciting opportunity for two experienced Knowledge Managers to be part of a national KM program within our top, global, professional services firm.
Due to the growth and success of our KM program, we are building our interdisciplinary KM team to support our business strategy using connected thinking*. To be successful within this team you will bring proven experience from a large organization, preferably professional services, and have direct experience in a combination of the following:
- Creating or making a significant contribution to KM-strategy development, building buy-in and implementation
- Leadership / management of KM projects with significant business process and change management components
- User experience design, usability testing / engineering and / or human-computer interaction
- Understanding and applying the principles of information architecture, taxonomy development, metadata, and / or search engine optimization
The Knowledge Manager will use proven experience within a KM environment to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a knowledge sharing content strategy
- Build and expand knowledge sharing networks
- Support the development and implementation of knowledge tools
- Raise the awareness/demonstrate the value of knowledge sharing
- Encourage the evolution of PwC into a knowledge sharing firm
- Establish/refine knowledge sharing performance metrics
Key skills to be successful in this role include:
- Solid organisational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal relationship and presentation skills; ability to communicate both clearly and persuasively with all levels of management
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances; determination to add value to the practice
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in leveraging resources
- Understands the value and uses of data, information and how research can be used to enhance the practice
You must be comfortable working both independently and in teams within a matrixed accountability structure.
Experience in a professional services firm is desirable as is knowledge about the consumer, industrial products and services industry.
PricewaterhouseCoopers is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.