About MediResource Inc.
MediResource develops e-health strategies and solutions for leading healthcare organizations. Through our health portal network, we are the leaders in web-based health information in Canada. As well as owning and operating our own health portal, Medbroadcast.com, we have partnerships with the leading portal operators in Canada, including Sympatico/MSN, Canoe, canada.com, AOL and TELUS.
Our Portal Services group is expanding and we are currently looking for an experienced Content Manager to join the team. The position is a full-time contract position for 6 months with the opportunity to go permanent after this period, and is based in our Toronto Office.
In this position you will have the opportunity to work with various business teams including sales, corporate and online marketing, clinical services, project management and production.
- Drive, develop and implement the corporate content strategy
- Champion the ongoing improvement of consistency, value and usability of the web content, while ensuring it is fresh and engaging
- Manage freelance writers and source new ones as required
- Champion ongoing improvements to the CMS
- Develop taxonomies for content clustering
- Identify opportunities for content syndication (e.g. newsfeed syndication, search engine syndication, toolbars, etc) to expand the reach and drive users back to the portals
- Develop and lead usability testing to ensure portal content and website structure is effective. Make ongoing recommendations for improvements
- Identify new content, topics and features to help increase traffic across the portal network. Create content plans as and when required
- Maintain editorial calendars for portal partners
- Manage user feedback
- Other tasks as required
- Minimum 2 years experience in Web Content Management (experience with CMS is an asset)
- Excellent understanding of usability standards, issues and user experience (UX) testing
- Knowledge of content aggregation and syndication strategies
- Good understanding of website structure and taxonomy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in writing, editing and proofing content for the web
- Project management and coordination skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Positive, proactive team oriented attitude
- Working knowledge of French
- Regulatory experience (PAAB, ASC)
- Experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
- Bilingual (French)
We are looking for people who display intellectual curiosity, integrity, innovation, high standards, adherence to deadlines, and the ability to work in a flexible, changing environment. If you enjoy working in a stimulating environment and constantly challenge yourself to learn more then we want to speak with you.
Please submit your resume to: [email protected] in MS Word or PDF by July 14, 2006 with â€œPortal Content Managerâ€ position included within the subject line.