The Cognos User Experience Team is looking for a Visual/Interaction Designer on a Temporary Full-Time basis for approx 9-12 months. The ideal candidate will have experience in various aspects of User Interface Design, with strong experience in Visual and Interaction Design. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
You will work with UI designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to produce and document the user interface detailed designs and visuals for Cognos products.
- Produce effective visual designs that conform to and extend the visual strategy for Cognos products
- Design highly usable interaction designs for Cognos products
- Ensure consistency in designs and deliver high quality specifications on-time
- Develop low and high-fidelity prototypes of design concepts and interaction strategies
- Participate in a highly collaborative relationship with Development and Product Management
- Degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science or Engineering (a diploma in Graphic Design with extensive experience in user interface design may be considered)
- Four to six years of experience in Visual and User Interface design
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Knowledge and expertise in the following areas are required:
- The User Centered Design process
- User and task Analysis
- User interface design
- Software Graphic creation
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Low and high fidelity HTML/DHTML prototyping
- Documentation of detailed UI and Visual specifications
- The software development process.