|Salary Range:||$56,888-$71,110 (Payband 10)|
|POSTING DATE:||May 15, 2006|
|EXPIRY DATE:||June 21, 2006 at 4:30 p.m.|
Reporting to the Director of the Learning and Resource Centres, the Manager of LRC Systems and Media Services provides leadership and strategic direction for the highly specialized information technology operations of the Learning and Resource Centres.
Working with the staff team, the Manager will ensure 24/7 delivery of integrated and customized systems and electronic services to support library, media, and tutoring services across four campuses and via remote access.
Managing the delivery of audio-visual and multi-media equipment and services to support the instructional needs of students and faculty, the incumbent will facilitate the implementation of new and emerging educational technologies.
Responsible for coordinating the administration of LRC systems and media services, the Manager will develop plans, budgets, and service policies and will give direction to staff to ensure timely and effective service delivery.
- Master of Library/Information Science (ALA accredited) complemented by information technology certification such as MCP/MCSE or a four-year degree in computer science complemented by extensive experience working with information technology in a library setting or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Proven knowledge of emerging technologies, integrated library systems, electronic service delivery, web site management, database management, application software, complex network administration and desktop computing
* Experience with multi-media/audio-visual systems, equipment and services with a strong understanding of the future direction of educational technology
- Demonstrated experience in web site development and management
* Demonstrated leadership and progressive management experience in a unionized environment, along with experience in employee motivation, team building, and complex problem solving
- Advanced planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to develop, monitor and manage budgets
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
* Demonstrated client service skills combined with sound written/oral communication skills
Send your application to:
Centennial College, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 631, Station A,
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
E-mail: [email protected]
When applying, your covering letter and resumÃ© must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be received in Human Resources on or before June 21, 2006 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition # 06-A-11 in the subject line. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.