Geosign is a privately owned internet publisher of a large number of very high-traffic websites. These sites include leading online consumer websites, shopping directories, search products and TrueLocal, an innovative local search engine. Located in Guelph, Ontario, Geosign is part of the Canada's Technology Triangle. Our rapid growth has created the need to expand our team to include a: Website Designer.
The position is responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining eye-catching HTML templates from approved design concepts, using â€œweb standardsâ€ techniques including CSS technologies.
- Quality assurance testing.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and multi-task a must.
- A strong understanding of information architecture and user experience and a thorough understanding of web design, graphic design and page layout.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years experience in design industry.
- Able to work as a part of a team of editors, writers, developers and design support personal on multiple websites to create websites with strong aesthetic appeal, good visual organization and user generated elements.
- A team player with leadership skills who is dedicated to meeting deadlines.
Some of our current publications include areas on: Home & Garden, Health, Fitness & Personal Care, Electronics, Fashion, Special Occasions, Food, Finance & B2B, Sports and Recreation, Travel, and Education.
Geosign provides a creative environment that rewards excellence. Salaries are attractive, benefits are top-notch, and all employees have great opportunities to participate financially in the growth and success of the business.
Applicants must provide a list of URLs or portfolio site demonstrating past work.
To apply please send cover letter and resume; including compensation expectations to [email protected] . No phone calls, faxes or drop-ins please.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but only those with qualifications consistent with the job requirements will be contacted.