Adeo is a Web company with a difference. Located in Toronto's Queen Street West with a satellite office in Ottawa, we've got a blue chip client list and a focus on e-business. Our talented team is user centric and customer satisfaction is key.
We are expanding and have an immediate opening in our Toronto office for a Technical Architect.
Working closely with the Web project team (which could include Consultants, Web designers and Web writers), the Technical Architect is responsible for developing solutions that satisfy the customer's requirements, while meeting required standards and guidelines.
Your record of successful ebusiness solutions illustrate knowledge and skill in both J2EE and Microsoft frameworks, implementation of a wide range of packaged solutions and integration with legacy systems.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Programming experience: Background in Web and client server development, systems integration and interface development
- Proven experience in application design
- Strong database skills, strong documentation skills
- Technologies: Java, ASP, PERL, CVS, .NET, SQL Server
- Experience with current portal, CMS and ecommerce platforms (preferred)
- 7 years development experience; 3 years web related; with system development life cycle and project management methodologies; team and technical lead on development projects; experience with eXtreme Programming a plus
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop client solutions by:
- developing design (functional and technical architecture) of applications
- selecting and implementing tools or packaged software as part of an integrated solution
- ensuring that all systems follow and are documented to Adeo/client standards and meet quality assurance considerations
- Provide client service by:
- responding to client requests on a timely basis
- identifying issues or situations requiring immediate attention and recommending solutions to the team lead or senior management
- being proactive about responding to client request expressly made or implied.
- Manage the development of single or multiple projects by:
- assisting the project lead with managing client expectations
- ensuring all projects follow Adeo methodology
- Initiate research and development initiatives whose results contribute to the development of Adeo suite of services, technologies or processes. Such initiatives may cover:
- new tools and processes to improve development processes
- new technologies to incorporate into client solutions
- in-house developed routines or applications to enhance Adeo's library of solutions
- new solutions for internal use to increase efficiency
- new partnerships
- Responsible for staffing duties including:
- hiring and performance reviews
- managing IT functions performed by a sysadmin
- Responsible for various administrative activities including:
- ensuring timesheets are completed accurately on a weekly basis
- ensuring that expense reports are completed accurately and submitted on at least on a monthly basis
Please send all applications to: