Corus Television Interactive has an exciting opportunity for a Web Designer in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Art Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating visually rich and highly usable websites. The candidate will be working with the Creative and Production teams on a variety of projects ranging from rich-media banners to promotional micro-sites and major site revamps.
The Web Designer is responsible for the conceptual development and execution of innovative HTML and Flash-based projects for Corus™ Entertainment's award-winning web sites, including Wnetwork.com, CMTcanada.com, YTV.com and TreehouseTV.com. Working with other members of the Interactive team, the Web Designer helps deliver high-quality; bug-free work that delivers on all project criteria.
Skills and Qualifications Required
Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills are a must. Ability to author HTML and CSS is required, as you’ll sometimes be called upon to build what you design.
- Strong design portfolio with at least 3 yrs of experience in the interactive design industry
- Educational diploma in Design, Multimedia, or a related field
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web
- Knowledge of information architecture and usability best practices.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles is essential.
- Be able to articulate creative ideas both orally and written
- Solid illustration/design skills
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and a sample of your best work (3 URL's minimum) by June 16, 2006 to:
Gavin Friesen, Art Director
2FL-72 Fraser Ave
Toronto ON M6K 3J7
Email Address: [email protected]
- Please include Web Designer Application in the subject line of your email.
- No phone calls or faxes please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities