Looking to continue your career in consumer electronics? At Logitech, you'll have the opportunity to be a key player on a team that is transforming the industry with world-class design and award-winning innovation. Logitech needs people who exceed expectations and have the vision to see beyond limits.
In less than 2 years, Logitech's Harmony Universal Remotes have become the best-selling remotes in North America. Logitech's fresh approach to home-entertainment control has taken the industry by storm. To continue with this exceptional growth, we need more exceptional people to join our team.
As a global product manager for Harmony remotes, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Product Creation â€“ You will be responsible for leading the software and hardware development for your group of products. You will improve and lead the overall requirements process (defining, prioritizing, documenting) for new hardware and software releases, and your cross-functional team will have responsibility for driving the overall product development process.
- Product Vision and Strategy â€“ You'll be actively involved in defining the product strategy for current and next generation products. The job requires a deep experience in understanding customer preferences, attitudes and other factors that influence usage behavior in a home environment. You will be responsible for tracking future technologies, evolving usage trends in home entertainment, computers, media, and seeing how these will impact the long-term product strategy and roadmap. It also requires you to have a passion for industrial design, usability and creating great user experiences.
- Product Marketing â€“ The job also entails all aspects of product marketing including pricing, messaging, packaging and launch of all the products in the portfolio. You will be working with corporate and regional marketing in creating successful marketing and PR programs. In developing and managing products over their life cycle and developing phase in phase out strategies, you will work with global supply chain to understand all aspects of product transitions
- Product Leadership â€“ This is not a consulting role and has key product development, strategic and business management responsibilities. It is also extremely global in scope and will require interactions with other marketing and engineering teams in Americas, Europe and the Far East. It requires you to interface with sales and marketing teams worldwide and get them excited about your product line.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a key position in our growing team, so we're looking for just the right fit â€“ someone with:
- A love of developing great, innovative products and delighting customers,
- A proven history of bringing multiple new products to market,
- Demonstrated ability to work well with software and hardware engineering, usability, documentation, and operational teams,
- Expansive knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, consumer electronic technologies,
- A strong technical background/understanding of PC architectures and protocols,
- Experience in online software development,
- Working knowledge in various facets of the marketing mix such as web marketing, advertising, PR, channel merchandising and other forms of promotion,
- Minimum of 7 years product management experience,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- BS/BA required, MBA highly desirable.