Interface Designers at Riptown say:
â€œWhat comes firstâ€¦art or design?â€
â€œWhen confronted with a problem, the first thing I open is Photoshop. Seriously. Why wouldn't I?â€
â€œI love doodling. Hmm. Favourite day dream? Maybe, by sheer serendipity, I will be the next Paul Rand.â€
â€œDesign a web-based form â€“ are you nuts? I am an artiste, Monsieur!â€
Sound like you? Read onâ€¦.
Riptown.com Media is looking for talented Interface Designers to join us as we create a new future in online entertainment. As a part of our growing and dynamic Design team, the Interface Designer will design the user interfaces of all our product offerings using best practices and company UI guidelines. The Interface Designers are project agnostic: from online transaction software, to games, to slick marketing campaigns, they've all got barn burner stories, tales of triumph, and woe to regale us in all areas of design.
What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in creative brainstorming
- Research user requirements through customer visits and discussions with marketing, product management, and other key stakeholders
- Apply user interaction principles to work, helping the end users meet their goals
- Produce high level and detailed storyboards and prototypes to communicate interactions and design ideas
- Work with Creative Producers, Writers, Interface Developers as one team to accomplish project goals
- Prototype and validate designs with customers
- Produced finished work in accordance with pixel perfect standards set by the Lead Interface Developer
- Work with Software Developers to ensure correct implementation of designs
- Assess the usability and effectiveness of user interface of new and existing products
The Ideal Candidate:
- BFA/MS Design or equivalent experience
- Three to five years experience working in a design studio
- Capability to develop graphic design and design/production
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively and with limited supervision
- Experience leading and mentoring small teams, an asset
- Ability to develop and adhere to requirements
- Strong attention to detail
To apply, send an email with your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please include Interface Designer in the subject line of your email response.
No phone calls please. We thank you for your submission but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.