Platform Computing delivers intelligent, practical enterprise grid software and services that allow our clients to plan, build, run and manage grids. Through our proven process and methodology, we link IT to core business objectives. Driven by a passion for accelerating intelligence, we give our customers the insight and confidence they need to enhance service capabilities, reduce costs and optimize IT to improve business performance. With our industry-leading partnerships and a strong commitment to standards, Platform is at the forefront of grid software development, propelling over 1,600 clients towards powerful insights that create real, tangible business value. Visit us at www.platform.com
We are currently looking for 1 individual to fill the role of SENIOR USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER.
As a senior member of the User Experience Design (UED) team you will be responsible for the design and prototype of user interaction enhancements to Platform's products. You will work closely with product management and development to deliver customer-centric features which make Platform's Grid technology products the easiest to use in the industry.
UED is responsible for the development of user interaction designs and prototypes of new and enhanced features, conducting field research, usability testing and gathering feedback from clients, and setting usability standards across all Platform products.
- Work closely with product management, development and other stakeholders during the storyboard, design and implementation of new user interaction features, applying user-centered design practices.
- Work closely with customers to understand their tasks, activities, needs and behaviors and test usability concepts and features.
- Assist in defining usability and user interface design standards across the entire application, in order to ensure a consistent user experience and design philosophy.
- Be an evangelist for product usability throughout the organization.
- Work with sales, marketing and product management to ensure rapid delivery of compelling proof of concept demonstrations to help gather customer feedback and input
- Conduct ongoing research of usability and user interface design best practices.
- 3 years experience in Human Factors, HCI or related area
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Able to demonstrate strong interaction design process and skills and demonstrate familiarity with usability best practices and usability engineering methodologies
- Excellent understanding and experience with user-centered design tools and methodology, including persona creation, information architecture, wireframe design, storyboarding and usability testing (ad hoc and formal)
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter
- Creative approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline
Forward your resume to: [email protected] indicating “Sr. User Experience Designer” on the subject line.
For a complete listing of career opportunities at Platform, please visit the careers page on our website at http://www.platform.com/company/careers/
We thank everyone for their interest in joining the Platform team; however, only those who are considerations for the opportunity will be notified.