Founded in 1989, Algorithmics is a recognized leader in enterprise risk management. Following its acquisition by the Fitch Group in January 2005, Algorithmics is the world’s leading provider of enterprise risk management solutions and services that enable financial institutions to effectively understand and manage their financial risk. Algorithmics has over 200 clients, including more than 60 of the 100 largest financial institutions in the world.
Brief Summary and Responsibilities
This group is responsible for designing and developing Web Applications for Algo Suite, Algorithmics' distributed risk management system used by large financial institutions. The applications are complex, multithreaded, â€œthickâ€ clients that facilitate navigation and handling of large amounts of data.
- 3 years of experience in web design / development, with specific expertise with web-based applications
- Java development experience is an asset
- Understanding of core web standards and technologies including browser capabilities and limitations
- Knowledge of usability and coding practices for accessibility
- Strong web graphics production capability (Photoshop skills a plus)
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- Must be organized with an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints