As an Interactive Designer, it will be your responsibility to execute designs and maintain design concepts throughout the life cycle of a project. Working alongside the project management team and programmers, you will be a key player in designing interactive applications that engage the user and provide a user-friendly environment. Key responsibilities include creating visuals, storyboards, functionality, navigation, interaction, and effective user interaction and usability testing.
- Responsible for creating initial Look & Feel and responsible for the visual design of a given project with minimal supervision.
- Understand human-computer interaction principles and ensure that they are applied to the designs that are assigned.
- Works with Creative Director and design team to define ideas visually in sketches and storyboards.
- Possesses consistent design speed and quality
- Analyze and understand project content requirements. Perform regular reviews of graphics that have been created.
- Fully understand New Media and User Centered Design and it’s application to a wide range of development projects such as; e-learning, Kiosk Development, CD-ROM, Intranet, Interactive Branding, and Internet Development.
As Interactive Designer, you must have strong compositional and conceptual skills, detail orientation, excellent written and oral communication skills, creative, strong typographical skills, and excellent understanding of colour. You must also have a broad understanding of new media design and associated technologies. Candidates must have a background in graphic design or new media design, expertise with HTML, Flash, all major design software. Have up to date understanding of trends in all areas of digital media. Possess the ability to mentor and guide other individuals in the areas of Interactive Design.
- Fluent in all major design software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash etc.)
- Experienced Flash and general User Interface Designer
- Understanding of Web and CD-ROM design
- Excellent compositional and conceptual skills
- Complete understanding of colour theory
- Good Typography skills
- Decent Traditional drawing skills for storyboard and presentations
Education / Experience
- Diploma or Degree required, preferably in areas of graphic design or new media design.
- 2-3 years or more work experience in the digital media field developing visual design, client presentations and is consistent in design quality. Students need not apply.
- Complete understanding of User Centered Design and Interface schemes.
In short, we ask that the individual be a skilled, well-rounded individual that has a few years of production experience with an interactive agency.
Please send a cover email, with resume (preferably in .PDF or .TXT format) and links to portfolio site and other web sites you have worked on with salary expectations to:
Must be able to commute to Markham, near 404 and 16th ave. Public transport is not readily accessible.
Note: only qualified applicants will be interviewed.