Business Unit Description
Retail Markets is at the heart of all the service offerings we provide. CIBC delivers financial services to more than 5.9 million retail and 460,000 small business customers in Canada. Lending, deposit, investment products and other banking services are offered through our extensive branch network, as well as through our rapidly expanding electronic channels; Telephone and ABM and Internet Channels.
eChannels and Distribution Services is responsible for the ABM and Internet Channels as well as strategic distribution planning (branch and ABM), Customer Care/Loyalty and Training and Development for all of Retail Markets. A group of about 350 people, our mandate is to focus on cost effective delivery solutions for CIBC clients that drive strong customer relationships and improved profitability.
The group is comprised of five key areas:
- eChannels is responsible for the client experience and strategic development of both the ABM and Internet Channels
- Business Continuity and Effectiveness is responsible for service level and performance management of both the ABM and Internet Channels
- Network Strategy and Planning is responsible for the branch and ABM network strategy and planning
- Customer Care/Loyalty is responsible for managing escalated problem resolution across all of CIBC
- Training and Development is responsible for building employee skills and knowledge across Retail Markets
Key Accountabilities / Activities
Be part of the Internet Channel (IC), an innovative multi-disciplinary team that strategically develops CIBC's Internet presence. IC is accountable for improving customer satisfaction, growing online sales and increasing the number of registered and active Internet Banking customers.If you're a user experience design professional and are highly creative, self-driven and have the expertise to excel in a high profile and leading edge environmentâ€¦then we're looking for you!The person in this position is expected to have a strong background in usability, design and evaluation. It is essential that expertise has been established in the design of web solutions.
Key responsibilities include creating and maintaining ongoing in-house UI standards, guidelines within specifications for CIBC.com, CIBC Online Banking, CIBC Online Brokerage and President's Choice Financial's web sites. Also, the UI Design Specialist meets the following criteria:
- Will be a consultant to the internal CIBC Internet Channel (IC) team as well as to CIBC IC clients.
- Displays excellent creative and communication skills combined with strong customer/user orientation.
- Is able to create, document and evaluate an information architecture and is able to apply their skills according to the needs of each project.
- Understands the business goals along with the user needs and is able to incorporate both in their designs within the timelines given.
- Works closely with business analysts during the business requirements phase.
- Provides wire frame schematics on all designs as needed.
- Provides specific detailed design requirements as applicable.
- Creates or oversees all detailed data elements for wire frame schematics as needed.
- Works closely with a graphic designer to develop and overlay branding to each design schematic, as required.
- Works closely with web communicator to verify that copy is customer friendly and meets the business goals.Â·
- Has a solid understanding of the CIBC branding strategy and initiatives along with all the branding elements and is able to apply this to their work.
- Ensures consistency with brand and adherence to general industry design guidelines and best practices.
- Conducts industry standard usability assessments on all designs including heuristic and observational evaluations.
- Works closely with the front-end development team, providing input and support during the build of each design.
- Works closely with the Business, Technology and Quality Assurance Groups during testing.
- Provides input and support during Post Implementation reviews.
- Monitor customer feedback and recommend design improvements to enhance user experience and usability.
- Monitors Internet industry developments and make recommendations for relevant advancements to CIBC web properties.
- Learns new design techniques and technologies as appropriate to ensure leading edge design.
- Ongoing liaison with Technology and Business Operations groups * proactively maintaining awareness of the CIBC Internet strategy.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the lines of business and all business partners.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to improve the online customer experience.
- Co-ordinate diverse and simultaneous activities by using effective planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ensure quality and competitiveness.
- Work with business partners, both internal and external, in developing creative approaches to content and design development that reflect the COO Division and CIBC Internet strategy.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure to work effectively with other departments and to understand how products are delivered to customers through electronic media.
- Understanding of electronic delivery, including Internet technology, content, capability, implementation, brand delivery and marketing.
- Education in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth understanding of user-centred design methodologies and has successfully put them to practice.
- Experience in planning, preparing and conducting both formal and informal industry standard usability assessments.
- In-depth understanding of electronic delivery, including Internet technology, content, capability and implementation.
- Experience in creating and documenting information architecture and web page mock-ups.
- Leadership skills sufficient to achieve results within a matrix management environment.
CIBC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. CIBC does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.