Blast Radius is looking for experienced Information/Interaction Architects to work on a contract or permanent FT basis out of our Vancouver office. Please review the information below, and if you are interested in contacting us to discuss further, refer to the contact information at the bottom of this email.
About Blast Radius
Blast Radius is an award winning company, attracting the most innovative, talented individuals in the industry. We have an enviable list of global clients and brands, coupled with an impressive collection of awards. Blast Radius is in Canada’s top 50 employers.
About Blast Radius People
Regardless of discipline, Blast Radius people share a common passion for inspiring digital experiences that enhance people’s lives. The culture at Blast Radius, orientates around individuality and creativity. Our success results from that of our talented people, often working under pressure and sometimes extended hours. Blast Radius provides a fun, relaxed, yet productive environment in which talented people can flourish.
About User Experience Team
The User Experience Team shares a goal for creating inspiring digital experiences that enhance people’s lives. The team comprises Graphical, Interaction and Front End Designers, Creative Directors, Content Editors and Copy Writers, as well as Interaction Architects and Usability Specialists.
About the Interaction Architect (IA) role
Blast Radius Interaction Architect’s work closely with Creative Directors and other Design and Usability professionals to provide highly structured user experience flows. In simple terms this facilitates getting from point A to point B, but Interaction Architects are also responsible for optimizing the experience of the user’s journey, as well as the psychological aspects to layout and interface controls. Interaction Architects also work with information organization.
Blast Radius Interaction Architects are passionate about aesthetic beauty coupled with interactive journeys and information taxonomies that are meaningful to a target audience.
- Detailed knowledge of Usability best practice
- Create interactive journeys that account for different users, various
abilities and multiple circumstances
- Work alongside creative, technical, business and analytical people, within Blast Radius as well as our Clients
- Articulate creative interactive solutions, at times with minimal or no preparation
- Maintain and develop high standards of Interaction Architect
- Be able to communicate confidently, frequently and at appropriate levels
- Participate in global or local Interaction Architect community groups
- Support Interaction Architect design throughout lifecycle of projects
- Get involved in prospective client pitch efforts
Personal Characteristics of a Blast Radius IA
- A passion for understanding people and interaction
- Creative and open minded
- Highly organized
- Confident and assertive in communicating with others
- Ability to work outside comfort zone, regarding people, environment and processes
- Maintain a sense of humour whilst under pressure
- A desire to continually learn and share
Want to apply? Please email your resume with a covering letter
explaining your suitability for this role and interest in Blast Radius
to [email protected]