Infinet, an Elsevier Interactive Business, is a leading e-marketing agency specializing in designing, deploying and managing online communication programs for the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. Located in downtown Toronto, Infinet is a dynamic, fast paced, working environment that prides itself on its high quality outputs and great working relationships.
An Interface Developer at Infinet is an application programmer who is responsible for developing the interface components of complex web applications. Other responsibilities include:
- Reviewing SA, IA and designer proposals on projects to determine feasibility during the production phase. Advise on alternative approaches when proposals exceed technical constraints;
- Communicating technical abilities to take full advantage of our technical and creative possibilities and remain cutting-edge;
- Delivering project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality;
- Working collaboratively with the creative staff to decide interface implementation details and rich media interfaces;
- Supervising front-end code by enforcing use of coding standards;
- Reviewing production code prior to QA and backend integration on projects where there is no production lead;
- Researching new browsers and technologies with regards to abilities and limitations and propose changes to production processes
- Actively contributing to Infinet internal programs; participate in ongoing special projects in support of strategic plans;
- Acting as a company advocate and embody the Infinet values: people, passion, creativity, fun and excellence.
The qualifications required to be a successful applicant are:
- 4+ years experience in a web design/product development environment;
- Related degree or diploma preferred and/or equivalent experience;
- Proven experience developing and implementing web interfaces and front end functionality within server-side technologies/web applications (e.g. ASP, .NET, JSP, PHP);
- Experience with image editing and tools such as Adobe Photoshop;
- Strong knowledge of Flash development (ActionScript 2.0/OOP);
- Ability to code consistently and to documented standards and specifications;
- Experience authoring formal specifications and related documents;
- Experience with version control, issue tracking, and build/release management is desired;
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion; detail-oriented;
- Ability and desire to thrive in a high-pressure, client-services driven environment;
- Has experience with client-facing and coordinating project teams; ability to work both collaboratively and with limited supervision ;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment required.
Problem solving, visible leadership, positive attitude and a genuine desire to service further the business and communication objectives of Infinet's clients are the cornerstones of a successful Interface Developer. If you meet these requirements and would like to join the Infinet team, please visit our website at www.infinetcommunications.com and forward your resume to Human Resources at [email protected] Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.