What We Do
DataMirror’s, (Nasdaq: DMCX; TSX: DMC), comprehensive family of LiveBusiness™ solutions, which includes proven software, professional services and global support, empowers companies to manage, monitor and protect their corporate data in real time.
Stand Alone Among Your Peers
Be part of a software development team that delivers a unique customer experience. DataMirror’s architecture and platform independent, multi purpose approach make DataMirror one of the few vendors that can provide true real time vertical and horizontal integration, spanning application silos on mainframes, midrange servers and even handheld devices. The high performance change data capture architecture of our solutions is fundamentally different.
Utilize your Java skills as a senior member of the Java GUI team at DataMirror and focus on the GUIs for our integration product suite. You will perform product design; implementation and maintenance of various GUI based Java applications. In addition, you will perform bug analysis, release testing and assist the technical documentation team. Along with your technical responsibilities, you will also provide assistance to and mentor the more junior developers on the team.
Your Specific Responsibilities
- Performs complex product design activities which may require extensive research and analysis
- Performs design, implementation and maintenance of highly complex multiple product modules/subsystems
- Participate in high and low level design and implementation of product enhancements
- Participates in product design meetings
- Performs bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits
- Provide leadership and mentoring for more junior team members
Experience and Skills
- University degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years in software design, development and implementation
- Minimum four years developing in Java
- Minimum two years using Eclipse and Swing technology
- Demonstrated experience building production code and business applications
- Excellent understanding of the development lifecycle including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Ability to understand business issues as they impact overall business plans
- Previous experience troubleshooting complex customer issues
- Knowledge of databases; experience with database replication and TCP/IP communication protocols would be considered an asset
- Strong communication and problem solving skills are essential
At DataMirror we offer you an opportunity to:
- Build a rewarding career, and valuable work experience with a fast growing profitable organization with excellent opportunities for growth and advancement
- Have influence and make a difference
- Work within a technically challenging environment
DataMirror has asked that you indicate where you found this jobs. I’ve automated part of this, just make sure you select “Other (Please specify:)” for “How do [sic] you hear about us?”.
DataMirror is always accepting employment inquiries from professionals interested in joining our teams. If you are interested in a career at DataMirror please use our online resume form to apply. DataMirror is an Equal Opportunity Employer.