POSTING DATE: Tuesday April 4, 2006
CLOSING DATE: Thursday April 13, 2006
POSITION TITLE: Web Production Manager (CCS/NCIC joint CONTRACT (13months)
Reporting to the CCS/NCIC Manager, Online Services, this individual is responsible for supporting the technical implementation of the CCS and NCIC website strategies and the support and maintenance of divisional intranets, including:
- Managing CCS/NCIC website and intranet applications, including content management system, blogs, RSS feeds, web analytics, interactive tools such as forms and surveys, e-advocacy software and e-mail marketing tools.
- Managing Vignette content management system, including application and programming.
- Monitoring emerging technologies and developing business cases evaluating potential new initiatives.
- Contributing to long-term planning for CCS and NCIC websites.
- Providing second-level application-level support, programming support and training to CCS divisions on web technologies.
- Developing and updating appropriate internal technical training documents and tools for applications that support the website.
- Manage technical implementation of new websites and intranets in content management system.
- Creating new designs, buttons, graphics, banners and forms or modify existing ones.
- Participating in web-related projects as lead or team member. Examples include software upgrades, implementation of new content management system, usability research and implementation of findings, development of intranets, etc.
- Ensuring all assigned support and services calls are resolved, clearly documenting all issues and resolutions in the TrackIT software and ensuring service level agreement (SLA) standards are met.
- Direct supervision of Web Technical Coordinator.
- university degree in technology, communications or business
- minimum 3-5 years experience in internet industry
- experience with Vignette or other content management system
- experience with web analytics software, Google search, e-advocacy tools, e-mail marketing, blogs and RSS feeds
- strong design skills
- experience managing technical side of website for large, content managed site
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills
- ability to analyze business implications of application technology in current and future business environments
- experience in the charitable sector is an asset
- ability to speak French an asset
Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The Canadian Cancer Society/National Cancer Institute of Canada provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons
Send Your Application To:
Assistant, Human Resources
Canadian Cancer Society/National Cancer Institute of Canada,
10 Alcorn Avenue, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M4V 3B1
Fax: (416) 961-4189
Website: www.cancer.ca or www.ncic.cancer.ca
Email: hr at cancer dot ca