CAMIS provides an integrated information system to public park systems throughout North America, using the company's propriety software and data networking technology. Call centre, systems development, systems support and web hosting are located at the company's office in Guelph, Ontario. CAMIS operates the centralized reservation service including call centre, website and in-park system for Ontario Parks, Nova Scotia, Washington State, Idaho State and several Conservation Authorities. CAMIS provides in-park systems for many more public and some private parks. Currently CAMIS employs 45 full time staff and 120 seasonal employees. The company is consistently profitable and enjoys continuous growth.
Position Length: Full-time Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Reports To: VP, Software Development
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive Benefit plan after 3 months employment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the rich client user interfaces to our reservation system. You will be expected to perform all aspects of the user interface development process. The job has the following key roles and responsibilities:
- Accountable for the quality of our rich client User Interfaces.
- Participation in requirements review, prioritization, and elaboration.
- Responsibility for Design, Construction, and Testing of new GUI features and improvements.
- Responsible for maintenance and optimization of user interface code.
- Responsible for design, feature, and release documentation.
A successful candidate must have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- A demonstrated aptitude for prioritization and time management.
- The ability to work as an enthusiastic team player.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Exceptional creativity and problem solving skills
At least 2 years professional experience using the following skills is required:
- Working within a Development Process (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme, etcâ€¦)
- User interface design patterns and best practices.
- Windows User Interface Design and Construction using C# and Windows Forms.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of mark-up languages (XML).
- Visual Studio 2003.
- SQL, specifically T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Computer science degree (or equivalent).
- Accounting training and experience.
- Microsoft or equivalent certifications.
- Experience using Visual Studio 2005.
- Experience developing using C# 2.0, XAML, Avalon, and other emerging technologies.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by fax to 519-824-5681 or by email to [email protected] by April 12th, 2006, Attention: Human Resources. Please visit www.camis.com for more information.