HabaÃ±ero Consulting Group is looking to add an experienced, talented Web Site and Web Application Designer to our User Experience team. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, and have a strong service ethic. A user-centric design philosophy is also required, including an understanding what that means in practical terms.
- Design intuitive, engaging web sites, portals, and web applications;
- Work creatively within client budget and time constraints;
- Be responsive to client needs. Fit in well with our culture of customer service;
- Inspire others with your knowledge and commitment to design – colour theory, typography, storyboarding and layout principles;
- Educate clients on design and usability best practices;
- Balance business needs with creative expectations and user experience goals; and
- Help build the HabaÃ±ero brand and act as an advocate for the company.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in web, Intranet or web application design;
- An impressive design portfolio, including a wide variety of client types and projects;
- Extremely strong hand coding HTML and CSS skills;
- An appreciation of the holistic nature of the user experience;
- An understanding of how to develop web products across multiple browsers and operating systems;
- Experience working with template-based content management systems or portal products;
- Extraordinary customer service and communication skills;
- Usability testing experience; and
- A university or college degree (communications, fine arts or a related discipline preferred).
Nice-to-have Skills and Experience
- XML / XSL;
- Identity and brand creation;
- Icon design; and
- Information architecture.
- Willing to learn and develop new creative and technical skills;
- Desire to share skills and to teach others;
- Open and honest communicator and collaborator;
- Gracefully accepts critique;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Sense of humor; and
- Self-directed: Takes personal ownership of timelines and budgets and follows through.
Applicants should expect a thorough interview process, including testing and comprehensive reference conversations.
Apply by sending your resume to: [email protected] In the subject of your e-mail, be sure to include the position that you are applying for. For this role the subject would be “Web Site and Web Application Designer”.