Work under general supervision to assist in development, design and implementation of business systems or to complete specialty functions. Manage small projects or tasks on larger projects as assigned. Provide strategic user interface design. Deliver a best in class user experience with the ability to think out of the box with new creative ideas and work with our marketing/product management groups to turn ideas into reality. Ensure an application's compliance with government policies & industry conventions pertaining to accessibility. Utilize accessibility design principles, adaptive technology & perform research in tools & technology to make software accessible to disabled users. Work with marketing team to build the right elements (icons, themes, backgrounds, etc.) for our products that will result in a very positive ‘emotional’ response from our users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of business systems. Serve as member of a project team or as an individual contributor as assigned. Plan and conduct tests, identifies procedures, resolves production problems, conducts walk-throughs, coordinates implementations
- Design and coordinate systems and acceptance tests, implementation reviews. Determine alternative solutions with risk analysis and recommended actions.
- Assist in the training, orientation and mentoring of other staff and end users. Ensure departmental and group standards of development are followed
- Follow established user interface guidelines to ensure consistency of look-and-feel within the HSBC product line
- Strong knowledge of complex consumer software applications
- Strength in creating and simplifying complex user interface designs
- Demonstrated ability to prototype new UI concepts and work through implementation with the broader development team
- Proven track record with UI design
- Conceive and design graphic artwork for Web sites
- Contribute ideas for improving processes and deliverables
- Remain current on technical and professional developments affecting area of responsibility
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events
- Complete other related duties as assigned, support the Company's Diversity programs
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiences with major or minor in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years developing user interfaces
- Experience working with Portal Servers is a plus
- Formal training in user interface design and usability
- Ability to hand code HTML, DHTML, CSS, Java script, xHTML
- Expert in the use of design and prototyping tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High energy, creative and innovative thinker.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Demonstrable understanding user interface design principles
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinkingEnergetic and highly motivated
- The ability to interface with business systems users to identify needs and assist in implementation
- Strong problem solving skills; knowledge of the systems development life cycle; leadership ability; and a willingness to take appropriate risk
If you are seeking a challenging and promising career, HSBC has a world or professional opportunities for you to explore. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package, including incentive pay, plus reduced rates for loans and mortgages.
At HSBC, we value diversity in our workforce and invite all qualified applicants to submit a cover letter and resume. Thank you in advance for your interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.