Downton Toronto television production company is seeking a Media Developer /Graphic Designer.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining eye-catching web pages and multimedia projects
- Completing new layouts and re-design existing web pages in order to meet requirements
- Site production, page layout and design work
- Consulting with manager to determine the nature and content of designs
- Creating as well as modify digital images and Flash animations
- Site testing including error checking/logging, browser compatibility and accessibility testing
- Writing scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Support Marketing Manager with artwork on an as needed basis. These forms of artwork include, but are not limited to, e-newsletters, proposal production, advertisements, greeting cards, posters, invitations, press releases, trade show collateral, etc.
- Participate as a marketing team member in meetings, collaboration on marketing projects as requested.
Education and Experience
- Prefer Post-secondary New Media training and/or adequate experience in a relevant field
- 1-2+ years working in a professional/corporate environment
- Evidence of experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of HTML, Macromedia Flash animation and action script
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign and Image Ready and/or Macromedia Dreamweaver)
- Ability to interpret designs provided and develop them into the appropriate medium
- Aptitude for learning new skills and a thirst to keep up-to-date with new technologies
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, with little or no supervision
- Very detail-oriented and possesses strong organizational skills
- A team player capable of interacting professionally with staff, distributors and customers
- Ability to function in an ever-changing work environment
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with last minute changes to ensure highest standards are met
- Strong time management skills
Only resumes with links and examples of online / traditional work will be considered. A digital / traditional media portfolio will be required during our interview process.
Apply by contacting talriff [at] westwindpictures.com