Originally from ComputerWork.com
Required Technical Skills
- User interface design and development
- Interaction design
- Usability engineering
- HTML, Dreamweaver, Frontpage or Homesite
- Java tools (eg. JBuilder, Eclipse)
Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
- Drive design, architecture, requirements and development related to usability and user interfaces.
- Work closely with Database engineers and Application Engineer to design and develop an Enterprise Health Care based Information System including:
- Administrative System
- Financial System
- Clinical System
- Security System
- Assessment System
- Communications Systems
- Business Intelligence Dashboard
- Using User Centered Design processes, the primary focus is on the front half of the system, driving the front of the middle-tier and the user workflow / user interface side of the products.
- Requires learning of medical systems workflow and managing the rapid prototyping process to enable rapid production of user interface designs. Requires demonstrating user interface designs to internal and external customers to take feedback and make changes appropriately.
- Work directly or indirectly with customers to understand customer workflow and ease-of-use quality issues and ensure design translation into product user requirements/design.
- Lead the development of User Interface (including Graphical User Interface, Input devices and other HCI paradigms) for the Business Intelligence Dashboard
- Develop conceptual models, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, prototypes, detailed UI design requirements, and interface designs using marketing requirements and data from customer research.
- Work with Application Engineer to develop the front-end for the Business Intelligence Portal
- Customer Requirements Documentation
- Product Prototype Development
- Design Documentation
- Front-end for the Business Intelligence Portal
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science or related field, or demonstrated job related experience and success.
- 1-5 years professional user interface design and development experience.
- Experience in Interaction Design and Usability Engineering with successful experience in software development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop user interface concepts, create prototypes, and production-grade User Interface development
- Experience with the following design/development tools:
- HTML tools: Macromedia Dreamweaver, Frontpage, or Homesite
- Prototyping Tools such as Macromedia Flash
- JAVA Tools such as Jbuilder, Eclipse
- Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP)
- J2EE Development with Orion or Jboss Application Server
- Good communication skills
- Ability to innovate
- Strong technical experience in software development
- Strong depth of technical knowledge and experience
- Technical MS Degree in HCI or Computer Science
- Understanding of Healthcare concepts and workflow