Dep Media is seeking an energetic individual with a diversified and flexible skill set. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, pro-active, versatile, and willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done. The candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, a team player and comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced result-oriented environment.
The position will require an understanding of print design, interactive media and pre-press concepts and how to best use them to achieve specific goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing solutions to meet the Web/Interactive/Print department’s and company’s needs
- Contribute to the creative concepts for all projects
- Execute the design and production of creative concepts
- Contribute to schedule development with the Project Management team
- Updating and archiving of client web sites using HTML and basic PHP and ASP programming
- Assist with the development and implementation of direct mail projects
- Provide support to sales team with print literature, preparing proposals, client support and power point presentations
- Ability to integrate video, animation, still images, text and audio into the graphical design of Web pages
- The assembly and preparation of layouts for various types of media
- Research of images and image libraries for design layouts
- Documentation and organization of graphic standards procedures and policies
- Assist in the management of domain names and web oriented projects
- A current portfolio of work (URL’s) should be included in the candidate’s resume.
- Must have knowledge of QuarkXpress an any other print related applications
- Must have experience with colour-correction (CMYK)
- Possess a sense of Interactive Design and Usability
- Must have exceptional communication and time management skills.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Flash (Action Scripting, XML Integration) and Illustrator
- Ability to work closely with Designers, Art Directors and Copywriters
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- 1-2 years relevant experience at an Interactive Studio or with a major agency
- Stays abreast of any industry-wide changes in design philosophy and any new tools and technologies being used for Web design.
- Must possess strong communication skills; written and verbal.
Technical and Software Abilities
Knowledge of the following applications:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Macromedia Flash
- Macromedia Fireworks
- Adobe Premiere
- Visual Studio
- MS Powerpoint
This position is no longer open.