Will be responsible for designing and building web projects for travelcuts.com and other Travel CUTS properties.
They will be focused on executing design and site builds to the highest technical, usability and creative standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Visually interpret web site design and layout, including illustrations/graphics concepts, in a graphically appealing and fully integrated manner.
- Translate concepts effectively against objectives and execute page builds on schedule
- Use XHTML and CSS coding to modern W3C Web Standards
- Keep current with changing specs and technologies within the World Wide Web and content portals in particular.
- Continuously reformulate approach to site design and production
- Work collaboratively with the production, design and development teams in a team-based and fast paced environment
- Contribute to the overall creative development of the web properties
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Education and Training
- Graduates of a New Media degree program preferred, but candidates from other disciplines/programs will be considered.
- Web Designers will have held positions with similar responsibilities and will have the minimum indicated years of experience in the following areas:
- 2+ yrs of Information Design and/or web specific graphic design experience
- 1+ yrs of experience working in and around ASP, JSP, or other backend scripting languages.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver required.
- Strong communication skills with experience creating graphics and layouts for both web and print media
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Designer must be able to show portfolio that demonstrates the above skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and with limited supervision
- Must be able to work in high-energy environment and adapt quickly to fast-changing situations.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- MUST be a team player
- Must be able to take initiative
This position is available immediately, please send your cover letter and resume to nwilliams at travelcuts dot com