As a member of the Software Development Team, the Web User Interface Developer will be responsible for the successful implementation of graphical user interfaces for company web sites. This role will require excellent practical skills in web development technologies as well as a good understanding of web site user interface design principles and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create HTML web pages based on graphical designs that adhere to design specification documents, conform to user interface style guides, follow brand guidelines and meet established usability standards.
- Work in close coordination with the Graphical Design Team to ensure that implementation is done in accordance to design specifications and that design specifications accommodate realistic technical parameters and constraints.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Software Development Team to ensure successful implementation and integration of presentation tier with other tiers in multi-tier web-based applications and communicate technical parameters and constraints to the Interaction Design Team.
- Produce and maintain clean, high quality, standards compliant code
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards.
Minimum Job Requirements
- The successful candidate will possess a relevant degree/diploma from an established school, at least 4 years of experience that is directly related to the responsibilities specified and be able to show a demonstrated ability to succeed in this role through examples and detailed descriptions of previous projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Although not a requirement, knowledge of server side languages such as ASP or ASP.NET will be considered an asset
- In depth understanding of modern web browser capabilities and compatibility issues including behavior related to the use of different DOCTYPE declarations, W3C standards compliance and accessibility issues
- Adept knowledge of principles and practices of web-based user interface design with a strong sensibility to user-centered design principles and usability practices
- Strong visual design & communication skills will be consider an asset
- Mastery of industry standard web graphics software such as Photoshop
- Good written and oral communicate skills
Qualified candidates, who wish to join an innovative and dedicated team are invited to send their resume to the email address listed below: