Originally from Monster.ca
The Prinergy Evo workflow system is a powerful solution for controlling prepress, plate and/or film production with outstanding performance and output quality. Built on proven Prinergy PDF processing technology, Prinergy Evo software features advanced preflighting, normalizing, color management, trapping and optimizing. With an intuitive user interface, self-training and support, Prinergy Evo workflow software provides easy, efficient operation with an on-going low cost of ownership. Modular and scalable, it is a flexible workflow system that helps printers streamline processes and reduce the cost of production.
Prinergy Evo is deployed as a Windows based server with feature equivalent networked clients running on Windows and MacOSX machines.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in the maintenance and extension of the current Evo client code base.
- Contribute to the definition, design, implementation, and testing of new features.
- An excellent track record of user interface design and implementation is required.
- Experience with the concepts from user interfaces of other Unified Workflow products, especially Prinergy, is highly desirable.
Other duties commensurate with the candidate's abilities are possible.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. An advanced degree would be a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of software development experience, which should include developing user interface software.
- Excellent software design and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using the ISO C++ programming language and standard library.
- Coding against the Win32 API and/or the Mac Carbon API.
- Experience with formal usability processes.
- Experience with using common object oriented design patterns and coding idioms.
- Experience in the offset prepress and printing workflow domain.
- Experience with the Prinergy or Prinergy Evo product and development team.
Personal Attributes Required
- Have an instinct for technologies and techniques, and enjoy trying things out.
- Ability to arrive quickly at good solutions in particular situations.
- Readiness to tactfully challenge suspect solutions.
- Stamina to see a difficult problem to its conclusion.
- Attention to detail while remembering the Big Picture.
- Excellent written & verbal communication. Willingness and ability to write technical documentation.
- Willing to continually learn, through interacting with the team, formal courses or self-directed programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including: teamwork, respect, courtesy, tact and discretion.
Posting Number: 06WPE-UW031