Originally from Monster.ca
Aon Reed Stenhouse is the Canadian insurance brokerage and risk management arm of Aon Corporation, one of the fastest-growing companies in a fast-paced, fast-changing industry. Our Canadian network of 24 offices works with Aon offices around the world to deliver innovative and effective solutions to our clients. For further information, please visit our website at www.aon.ca
Currently we have an excellent opportunity in our Toronto office for an experienced Web Application Developer to join our Web Communication Team.
Reporting to the Manager of Web Communications, the web developer will be responsible for web application and content development for the Internet and intranet. This person has solid experience in a web development environment with a background in user interface design, knowledge of the development life cycle and methodologies, and the ability to produce high-quality code. This person has exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Plan, develop, test and implement web applications (small to medium size) according to business requirements and functional specifications
- Maintain and further enhance existing web applications
- Primarily using client/server and web technologies, develop and maintain business applications that automate workflow, replace paper-based forms, generate reports, support corporate campaigns and promotions and introduce interactivity to Internet and intranet
- Contribute to detailed functional specification documents in collaboration with Information Architect
- Liaise with U.S. development team and Project Management Office to ensure online forms and applications function within context of web content management system
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Perform application testing and debugging
- Collaborate with Content Manager to develop site features and enhancements
- Work closely with Corporate Systems to maintain servers and databases and to ensure code is consistent with existing national standards
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or Web Development
- 2+ years of professional web development experience
- Strong capability and experience in .NET, C#, ASP, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Oracle and SQL (JSP, J2EE and Web Services are assets)
- Previous database development experience
- Experience with design and development within the context of TeamSite or a web content management system
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of web usability and user-centered design principles
- Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in web technologies and methodologies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities, manage deadlines and multitask
- Basic familiarity with written French a definite asset
- Able to present a portfolio for review
Aon Reed Stenhouse is a dynamic, progressive professional services organization with employment opportunities for individuals looking to excel in a sales and service culture. We provide limitless possibilities for success and personal growth in an environment that encourages teamwork, creativity and continuous learning.
If you meet the criteria above, please send your resume in confidence today.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc.
20 Bay Street
Toronto Ontario M5J 2N9