Do you really know Deloitte?
We’re the largest professional services firm in Canada, providing a full range of assurance and advisory, consulting, tax and corporate finance services through 6,600 people in more than 46 locations across the country. Our professionals have been developing effective business solutions for Canadian and international companies for almost 150 years. We are dedicated to helping our clients and people excel.
Our Consulting function provides an unparalleled mix of strategic and technical expertise in management consulting. The practice is organized around five core service lines: Strategy and Operations, Human Capital, Enterprise Applications, Technology and Outsourcing. We help our clients solve problems. We work collaboratively with our clients and with ourselves because in today’s world, no one has all the answers. We push the right thing, not the next big thing. We do it with a belief that strategy and technology need to be balanced. At Deloitte, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the best people and partners in the industry to deliver comprehensive solutions to today’s most complex business challenges in an organization where you are challenged, belong and recognized.
Position: Manager â€” Web and Content Management
Our Technology team is looking for an experienced team lead with significant content management experience responsible for development and deployment of complex web content management solutions using best of breed software packages like, Interwoven, Documentum, Opentext, and Hummingbird. Candidates should have hands on experience with implementation planning, requirements gathering, leading development teams and project management skills. Other areas of expected experience include workflow development, metadata and taxonomy development, user interface and data capture template design. Exposure to identification of CMS users/groups, and CMS security is also a plus. This position will interface with clients, consulting and vendor resources and may also be required to interface with off-site technology delivery teams that might demand an alternate working schedule depending on project phase.
As a Consulting Manager with Deloitte you must have:
- The ability to interact with key clients, shape discussions, provide recommendations, establish credibility and exert significant influence on client decisions
- The ability to anticipate client needs, utilize appropriate resources and strive for continuous improvement in service delivery
- Business acumen and a working knowledge of key market trends
- Previous experience managing multiple priorities and team leadership
- A bias to operate effectively in a fast changing environment
- Good oral and written communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- The ability to work effectively within a geographically dispersed team
- Security clearance to level of Enhanced Reliability (or minimum 5 year residency status in Canada in order to meet Government of Canada security clearance screening requirements).
- Ability to travel within Canada and the U.S.
For this position you should have:
- Five to eight years of progressive IT leadership experience including a minimum of three years consulting experience to the public sector
- A strong understanding of portal applications and best practices
- A minimum of two to three years web development experience with a leading suite of content management applications required like Interwoven, Opentext, Documentum, Hummingbird and others
Expertise in working with all aspects of CMS (publishing, workflow, migration, XML, etc.).
- Knowledge of Internet protocols, Web site/server administration, J2EE application servers, SQL scripting, database development.
- A strong understanding of internet architectures.
- A strong understanding and experience with formal software engineering process, including various SDLC approaches (e.g. RUP, Agile, XP).
- An understanding of business related middleware, object modeling and data definitions.
- Previous team-lead / project management experience. PMP Certification is highly desirable.
- Technical undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, MIS or related discipline.