Originally from Workopolis
Come join the Yahoo! Team as Senior User Experience Designer with one of the most dynamic companies on the Internet.
- You will be responsible for interaction design and graphic design.
- Your primary responsibility will be interaction design where you will apply a user-centered design process to create high quality user experiences on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- In this role, you will set product direction and UI requirements based on business, user and brand needs as well as visualize, design, and test user interfaces and user interaction models that will allow customers to quickly and easily use our services.
- Your role will also include ad-hoc localization of current creative including banners, mantles as well as development of new creative.
- Your graphic design responsibilities will include participation in concept development and design ideation, creation of visual designs and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, and style guides.
- You will be the key player in the development of holistic visual concepts, visual page designs, and graphical elements while ensuring a consistent visual presentation across the product-line and with overall Yahoo! standards.
- You will work closely with product and marketing managers, engineers, web developers, and other designers. You will also manage outsourced design contracts.
- You will understand Yahoo! Brand Guidelines and adhere to these standards in development of all material.
- You manage all requests based on priority.
- You possesses excellent creative judgment and provide subject matter expertise in this area.
- You support and are willing to share knowledge with others.
- You have the ability to deal intelligently, sensitively and effectively with various functions within Yahoo! Canada
- You makes things happen, show initiative and are responsible.
- You are responsible for setting standards and meeting deadlines.
- You have the ability to build strong relationships.
- You anticipate not only immediate needs, but also have a strong sense of future needs.
- You are able to effectively multi-task, and prioritize work.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Factors, HCI, Graphic Design, Design Communications, Visual Design or related field.
- At least 5+ years experience as a key member of user experience team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications
- Must have solid understanding of web application and website design with working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Mastery of user-centered design process and expert interaction design skills
- Expert at designing user interaction models, user flows, information architecture and wireframes
- Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Familiarity with the Windows and/or Macintosh Human Interface Guidelines a plus
- Hands on experience in the following technologies (not all required): PhotoShop, Allaire Homesite, In Design, PageMaker, Illustrator, Quark, Director, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Photosuite CorelDraw, Paint Shop, Pro, Microsoft Publisher, Front Page, HTML, MS Office Suite
About Yahoo! Canada
Yahoo! Canada Co. is a leading Internet destination that provides online products and services to meet the needs of Canadians and offers a range of tools and marketing solutions for businesses to connect with Internet users. Yahoo! Canada services Canadians in both English and in French through its sites, www.yahoo.ca and http://francais.yahoo.ca Yahoo! Canada is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario.