Have you heard the BUZZ?
Critical Path is looking for a UI Designer to join its Toronto office location!
Responsible for the overall user interface design and usability for Critical Path Memova product lines, including initial definition, usability testing & refinement and leadership of â€œbest practicesâ€ for consumer software product UI development.
Key Result Areas
- The position is responsible for leading product UI specification and definition of usability requirements in the development of Memova consumer messaging products
- Work with product management, development and quality assurance teams to ensure usability objectives are incorporated & tested within each product release
- Develop conceptual models, process flows, navigational maps and strategies
- Construct prototypes, mockups and interaction requirements
- Manage formal and informal customer feedback (usability tests, surveys, forums) as part of the product development process
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry benchmarks and trends, best practices and competitor offerings
- At least 5 years of UI design experience for web or mobile interfaces
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science or related field
- Excellent and demonstrable UI design skills and ability to show relevant work
- Ability to work as part of team with Product Manager, Development and Quality Assurance
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Position requires a highly motivated, creative, and innovative self-starter individual
In addition to the skills needed to perform the responsibilities listed above, all candidates will be required to demonstrate a strong mix of skills in order to ensure high quality standards and attention to detail in the delivery of work, as well as a track record of successful delivery of tasks on schedule. The individual should be technically competent, with excellent organizational and personal management skills. Flexibility and the ability to 'multi-task' are important. The nature of the company means that everyone is involved in multiple issues. Any candidate will require an ability to deal with each of these projects in an organized and professional manner.
- Understanding of and ability to work within an internationally structured team.
- Strong written, verbal communication and other people skills
- Possess a high level of initiative, commitment to deadlines, team interaction and input
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
Excellent team working skills, combined with the ability to be self-sufficient as required, are essential. The candidate must demonstrate a capability of working well under pressure, adopting clear thought processes in order show a focused, positive and flexible approach to issue resolution.
What we offer
- Competitive salary to commensurate with skill set
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits package, including Stock Options, Employee Assistance Program, and Diversity Days
- Friendly, casual working environment of highly talented individuals
- Convenient location, close to Union Station for TTC and GO commuters
Are you up for the challenge of this exciting opportunity? If so, then please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] for consideration, with the subject line reading “UI DESIGNER”.
While we certainly appreciate all applications, only candidates that we wish to meet with will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Critical Path!
Critical Path’s dynamic and diverse team members bring creativity and strength to our mission to deliver the messages that matter. Each applicant and employee is recruited, employed, evaluated and considered for promotion without regard to race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about our organization, please visit us at www.criticalpath.net