Have you heard the BUZZ?
Critical Path is looking for a PRODUCT MANAGER to join its Toronto office location!
Responsible for the overall market acceptance of the Critical Path anti-abuse products line, with responsibility for product definition and guiding development, QA, training, and documentation through feature/function/date trade-off discussions during the development cycle. Provides evangelism and education both internally and externally to facilitate customer/partner engagement.
Key Result Areas
- The Product Manager is responsible for providing detailed and integrated product requirements to development covering typical user scenarios, key features, prototypes, connectivity, usability, platform, and performance requirements. Much of the input for such functionality will come from customer needs analysis, competitive analysis, and an assessment of technology direction.
- Work with training and documentation to ensure courses and documentation (on-line and print) meet product objectives
- Manage formal and informal customer feedback (beta tests, qualitative analysis, consultants) as part of the product development process
- Work closely with Product Marketing to develop messages, marketing/launch plans, and sales training
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry technology and trends, best practices, partners, industry knowledge providers, and competitors
- Bachelors Degree, and ideally a Masters Degree/ MBA or equivalent business experience
- 5-7 years work experience in software industry, in product marketing, product management, development, or technical sales
- 3-5 years product management or development management experience with leading messaging software products or mobile services
- Clear understanding of messaging safety technologies, standards, and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work across departmental boundaries, and act as both internal and external product evangelist
- Position requires a highly motivated, creative, and innovative self-starter individual
In addition to the skills needed to perform the responsibilities listed above, all candidates will be required to demonstrate a strong mix of skills in order to ensure high quality standards and attention to detail in the delivery of work, as well as a track record of successful delivery of tasks on schedule. The individual should be technically competent, with excellent organizational and personal management skills. Flexibility and the ability to 'multi-task' are important. The nature of the company means that everyone is involved in multiple issues. Any candidate will require an ability to deal with each of these projects in an organized and professional manner.
- Understanding of and ability to work within an internationally structured team.
- Strong written, verbal communication and other people skills
- Possess a high level of initiative, commitment to deadlines, team interaction and input
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
Excellent team working skills, combined with the ability to be self-sufficient as required, are essential. The candidate must demonstrate a capability of working well under pressure, adopting clear thought processes in order show a focused, positive and flexible approach to issue resolution.
What we offer
- Competitive salary to commensurate with skill set
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits package, including Stock Options, Employee Assistance Program, and Diversity Days
- Friendly, casual working environment of highly talented individuals
- Convenient location, close to Union Station for TTC and GO commuters
Are you up for the challenge of this exciting opportunity? If so, then please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] for consideration, with the subject line reading “PRODUCT MANAGER”.
While we certainly appreciate all applications, only candidates that we wish to meet with will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Critical Path!
Critical Path’s dynamic and diverse team members bring creativity and strength to our mission to deliver the messages that matter. Each applicant and employee is recruited, employed, evaluated and considered for promotion without regard to race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about our organization, please visit us at www.criticalpath.net