CHUM Interactive integrates CHUM’s well-known television brands for news and information, music and entertainment, science fiction, science fact, lifestyle and education categories with new media platforms including online, wireless and enhanced television.
You will work as part of a team to develop and extend functionality for both existing and new lines of business for CHUM Interactive. This is a dynamic high pressure environment where multi-tasking to ensure multiple deadlines are met is expected. Success in this position will involve a flexible approach to problem solving, as well as extensive communications with technical and non-technical colleagues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply technical expertise to design and program web applications as per business specifications.
- improve ease of use and site functionality
- conduct unit, integration, and performance tests
- develop and maintain re-usable code libraries to maximize programming efficiencies.
- prepare appropriate documentation
- Support new and legacy applications in a production environment.
- Other duties as reasonably required by such a position
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Education and Training:
- University Degree and relevant technical courses / diplomas.
- Work Experience:
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum 3-5+ years experience in web development and interactive media.
- Must demonstrate experience working on complex, mission critical applications and be comfortable working in a dynamic multi-project environment.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- XML and Webservices, XSLT, XPath, SOAP,
- ASP, ASP.NET (C# experience preferred), Windows 2K3, IIS and SQL Server.
- MS Visual Studio,
- Macromedia Flash ActionScript an asset.
- Experience with Enterprise level content management systems an asset.
Please note this is not a web designer position. It is a technical role that involves extensive custom software design and coding.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2006
Email resumes to
Andre Gaulin (andre.gaulin at chumtv (dot) com)