The Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the Business Groups (Business Development, Sales, Operations) and the Information Technology Group. The key responsibility is to take requirements from stakeholders and end-users and refine and translate them into detailed functional specifications that supports the overall company strategy, and meet the needs of the targeted end users.
ONLANE Inc. is a logistic and vehicle remarking company. Familiarity with logistics, logistic controls, workflow, business processes, business process modeling, or the automotive industry is a definite asset.
You should be hands on pro-active Business Analyst who is willing to identify potential problem areas and suggest solutions.
Reporting to the leader of the Software Development Group, activities will include (but are not limited to):
- Act as liaison between Business users and IT.
- Capturing functional requirements and specifications
- Work with business users: subject matter experts, management, clients, and end-user community.
- Conducting interviews with clients, customers, and industry experts.
- Provide clients and end-users with insight into application rules and processes.
- Assisting with creating presentations for clients; including supervising the production of slides that capture Application Screen Shots and functionality, or the construction of application mockups for presentation purposes to ensure they meet presentation requirements.
- Assisting with, and directing the creation of mockups and prototypes for the purpose of capturing requirements.
- Working with project managers, developers, designers, stakeholders and end users to define system requirements
- Prepare functional specification documents for use by IT in development. Work closely with IT to ensure system builds are correct.
- Communicate customer requirements effectively with product management and engineering teams.
- Work with designers, developers, architects, and QA to ensure comprehension and feasibility of requirements.
- Assist QA and end-users with verifying application functionality; and that application functionality adheres to requirements.
- Assist with planning and coordinating UAT testing.
- Manage requirements repository, including document management.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills; including superior technical writing skills for the creation of detailed business requirements.
- Must be an excellent communicator with the able to understand and influence user needs
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Expected to be familiar with project implementation methodologies and project management.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies.
- Commitment to requirements management practices with ability to control project scope creep.
- Knowledge of requirements gathering and requirement documenting techniques for software development projects is essential.
- Basic understanding of web technologies is essential.
- Self Starter accustomed to a dynamic culture and a fast paced environment
- Data Analyst skills, and familiarity with Excel and asset.
Contact Don Lascelle