ReserveAmerica, a subsidiary of InterActive Corp (NASDAQ:IACI), is the leading provider of recreation reservation services in North America. We are a dynamic and leading edge service company providing e-commerce, technological and operational solutions.
To help manage and facilitate more than 3 million reservations and reservation needs for more than 150,000 campsites each year, ReserveAmerica employs more than 800 staff in our 5 US based offices in California, Wisconsin, Texas, New York, Florida and one office in Ontario.
As a dynamic and leading edge e-commerce company, we offer a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their skills within the e-commerce and e-business environment.
As a Web Interface Designer/Developer, you will work with ReserveAmerica's Development and Product teams. You will have the opportunity to positively shape the user experience for multiple high volume transactional consumer sites used by millions of people each year. This is a hands-on job that is more about engineering than art. Solid expertise and a general obsession with HTML and CSS standards are base requirements. This job will exercise your creativity, your web skills and your ability to solve difficult design problems. Your focus will be on the client layer but you are also expected to have an understanding of all levels of commercial website development (versatility and agility are a must).
- Design and develop HTML, CSS and other client-side code for
- HTML output targets for web presentation layer development
- Static elements for websites
- Mock-ups of new site designs and features
- Enforce HTML and CSS coding standards for
- Proper HTML structure and semantics
- CSS style-ability standards
- Web storyboards and specs and advise on technical or standards constraints
- Mock-ups and target HTML with development
- Production code output prior to QA
- Communicate clearly in all matters through both verbal and written communications
- Mentor develops and be an outspoken advocate for best web practices
- Research new browser and web technologies
- Participate in Usability testing
- 2-years of HTML and CSS and development
- 2 years of Java/JSP development
- Demonstrable knowledge of Web standards and cross browser support
- Demonstrable knowledge of Web UI development and basic HCI principles
- A degree in Design, Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Demonstrable creativity, versatility and agility within the industry.
Would be an asset:
- 2 years of production experience in a commercial web site
- Site design for multiple languages (internationalization, localization)
- Experience with web development for mobile devices
- Graphics design experience â€“ Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Image Ready, Visio
- Experience with J2EE architecture and Struts
- Experience performance tuning a web site
- Experience with .Net development
- No travel required.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: ReserveAmerica, 2480 Meadowvale Blvd Suite 120, Mississauga, Ontario Canada L5N 8M6