Founded in 1989, Algorithmics is a recognized leader in enterprise risk management. Following its acquisition by the Fitch Group in January 2005, Algorithmics is the world’s leading provider of enterprise risk management solutions and services that enable financial institutions to effectively understand and manage their financial risk. Algorithmics has over 200 clients, including more than 60 of the 100 largest financial institutions in the world.
Lead the user-centered design (UCD) process for the development of product features, within The Interaction Design Group. Work in cooperation with the Design Manager and Product Manager to define product features and functionality. Plan, coordinate, and/or conduct all necessary UCD activities throughout the product lifecycle, including task analysis, contextual inquiry, heuristic evaluation, interaction design and usability testing. Design and specify the user interaction using iterative design techniques. Validate designs using UCD techniques like usability testing, focus groups and customer interviews. Produce scenarios, flowcharts, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and interaction design specifications as necessary. Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications can be implemented, making acceptable design adjustments as necessary. Make use of specialized graphic design expertise from our team to complement your own skills.
- Champion the iterative user interface design process for our products following user-centered design best practices.
- Participate in all aspects of the user-centered design process, including identifying user needs, end-user validation, and iterative redesign.
- Perform user interaction and task analysis to identify and document opportunities to improve products.
- Develop high level, detailed storyboards and/or mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate designs and validate usability studies.
- Develop usability test plans and conduct the usability testing with users.
- Translate usability and research findings into recommendations for UI improvement and development.
- Perform any other duties as assigned, within the scope of the position purpose, with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties.
- In depth knowledge of User Interface Design principals, Human Factors, User Centered Design Processes, Interaction Design guidelines, Usability Methodologies, industry standards and trends, platform standards, and software development
- Prototyping skills, including proficiency in HTML editors and graphics programs
- Must demonstrate direct involvement in the creation of artifacts such as wireframes, flowcharts, site maps, user scenarios, use cases, functional specifications or business analysis
- Strong skills in written and oral communication as well as good organizational skills, and some technical knowledge in terms of software development
- Ability to multi-task effectively in order to meet aggressive timelines
- Will have experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- The ability to build team consensus around design solutions
- Must be able to meet deadlines, liaise with multiple departments and perform well under pressure
- Must be a good critical thinker, have an eye for detail and the ability to represent concepts visually
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and work in a team environment is required
- High proficiency in use of MS Office, Visio and Internet browsers.
- A Bachelor or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Factors User-Centered Design, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ related industry experience i.e., new media, information technology, Web-applications is preferred.
- Experience with financial software applications is preferred.