W00t! Leila and I are part of the MeshU schedule. We are co-presenting a session titled “How to Demo Like a Demon“. The original title was Raise Money, Win Friends and Get Laid (aka How to Demo and Pitch for Fun and Profit). The idea, we need to teach entrepreneurs how to present and communicate their ideas. We’re really trying to help improve the quality of pitches, demos and presentations.
Raise Money, Win Friends and Get Laid (aka How to Demo and Pitch for Fun and Profit)
Co-presented with Leila Boujnane, Idee, Inc.
Boring! Get off the stage!
How many times have you wished you could say this to a presenter at a conference? Or a demoer at DemoCamp? This workshop will help developers understand that doing demos is a marketing task because it generates demand for the software.
Technologists and designers need to be able to create demand for their ideas. They need to be able to tell compelling stories that convince audiences that there is ‘wow’ in what they are doing. Successful demoers are more likely to raise money, have friends, and get laid.
I’ve talked about my awe of the MeshU line up previously, and now that the line up includes me, no serious, the rest of the lineup is fantastic. The rest of the MeshU lineup includes a fantastic program. If you’re looking for a meaningful conference in Toronto, MeshU is only $239.
- Jon Lax, Teehan+Lax – 8 rules for Getting Clients Through a Design Process
- Kevin Hale, Infinity Box Inc, Wufoo – How to Design for Love
- Marc-André Cournoyer, Standout Jobs – Thin & Rack
- Reuven Cohen, Enomaly Inc. – An Introduction to Cloud Computing (CloudCamp)
- Alistair Croll, Bitcurrent – “Watch It” – How to Monitor Web Applications
- Reg Braithwaite, Mobile Commons – Building and Managing Great Software Teams