We want to create the world’s largest, most active and most valued network of freelancers and very small business owners in the world. And we want them to share, network, support, learn and work with each other. If you like enabling and bringing people together… then we’d like to bring you in to be our Community Manager.
With over 800,000 new users since our launch in 2004 FreshBooks has developed one of the largest networks of super smart freelancers and very small business owners. Our customers are professionals who take pride in their work and value customer relationships — and we like’m a heck of a lot. And while we certainly help them enjoy their invoicing… we’d like to help them out a lot more by connecting them with each other so they can share and learn together as a community.
As our Community Manager you will be responsible for having our customers meet with each other online and offline.
We will be successful if:
- FreshBooks customers:
- Are sharing and communicating with each other online in droves
- Are networking and building their businesses together
- In local markets are self-organizing to meet with each other to collaborate and network
- You have:
- Crafted and executed on this plan with minimal supervision, tons of passion and with excellence
- Enlisted the resources of our most passionate and professional customers to help run the entire thing
- Extended this network beyond FreshBooks users to attract other freelancers and small business owners
- Significantly raised the bar for word of mouth referrals even higher
- Built the largest, most active and most valuable network of freelancers and very small business owners
What you’ll need to have:
- A proven track record of building self-sustaining customer communities/networks
- The desire to start from scratch and make it all happen
- Keen and intuitive passion for helping small businesses help each other
- The ability to effectively enroll and enlist people in your efforts
- A love of working with teams
- A flair for inventiveness combined with a strong ability to organize and execute
If creating outstanding customer experiences and a passion for organizing and bringing communities and people together is what makes you tick send us your resume. Cheers!