I Love Rewards, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and fastest growing companies, is seeking Senior Java Developers.
We want great Java Ninja’s to join our rapidly-expanding development team. You want to work on hard problems and be recognized and rewarded when you go above and beyond (which is often!). You want to work for a small company big on attitude and character, and you’re motivated by making an impact. Most importantly, you want to be in a place that’s full of people like you- A players who are fiercely intelligent, share a passion for their work, and know how to have fun!
As a Senior Java Developer, you will:
- Write code from scratch that builds major features and squashes convoluted bugs for the I Love Rewards Express web platform
- Optimize and refactor our services using Amazon’s EC2,S3, and EBS cloud based architectures
- Work with passionate and talented individuals in a startup atmosphere, producing customer facing functionality in short iterations in an Agile environment
- Worry about non-functional requirements that most users take for granted (security, usability, flexibility, in-code documentation, etc.)
- Mentor other developers
- Work in an environment where your manager understands you (he/she was a developer too), cares about your continual improvement, and also gives you interesting work
As a Senior Java Developer, you:
- Are a Java master with 7-10 years experience in OOP, web based architectures and still love to code
- Have implemented and maintained scalable, redundant and fault tolerant systems for the web with loads over 100k concurrent users
- Love Agile development and delivery, write test cases first and are an evangelist for software quality
- Have occasional dreams of the Java Virtual Machine, OOP and AOP
- Are a practitioner with Eclipse, MySQL, Tomcat, Apache, Linux and Amazon AWS
- Are a firm believer that free, open source software can rival the performance of expensive application and database servers when you do it right
- Know that enterprise design patterns have nothing to do with fabric
- Went to school for computer science/engineering or wrote kick-ass software anyway
- Are a pointaholic (you get really excited by getting cool stuff for free with your points)
I Love Rewards is one of North America’s leading web-based rewards & recognition providers. We proudly hold many acclaims (Canada’s Top 100 Employers, GTA’s Top 50 Employers two years in a row), we offer an outstanding corporate culture, competitive benefits, a generous vacation policy, an Employee Stock Options Plan, a location in trendy Liberty Village, and lots more.
This is your chance to be a part of an awesome team of people and contribute to an environment where innovation and initiative are encouraged and rewarded. If you love a challenge, share our "work hard/play hard" mentality, thrive on change, and continuously strive for excellence, apply for a position with us today.
Nine to fivers need not apply.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No analog phone calls please, we’re digital 🙂
We are looking for 10 great people to join our team in all areas (sales, IT, finance, accounting, customer support, etc.). All jobs are posted at www.meshjobs.com!