TELUS is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the TELUS team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative internet, voice, data and wireless products and solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding. Join our team and make your future friendly too.
This position is part of the National Applications Solutions (NAS) team within TELUS Business Solutions and is focused on Application Sustainment services.
NAS offers products and services to various external and internal customers in several keys areas: IT Strategy and Consulting; Application/Web Development, Packaged Solution implementations and Applications Sustainment and Outsourcing.
- The Usability / Interaction Design Specialist will assist project teams in developing the User Interaction aspect of new software and Web-based products and features in accordance with usability and design principles.
- The Usability / Interaction Design Specialist will assist by conducting usability evaluations, interviewing and observing users, designing and developing prototypes, developing and delivering information architecture documentation, researching issues, and conducting user testing.
- The Usability / Interaction Design Specialist will be responsible for making design recommendations based on usability principles and ensuring these recommendations are implemented correctly.
THE CHALLENGE – KEY OBJECTIVES/DELIVERABLES IN 1st 12 MONTHS
- Translate user requirements into usable interfaces that align with client business goals
- Identify and recommend improvements to the User Interaction (UI)aspects of TELUS application products
- Work closely with business and technology teams, including business analysts, graphic designers, and developers to ensure that recommendations are implemented effectively
- Ability to provide accurate estimates for Web/UI related projects, in addition to contributing to customer proposal documentation
- Ability to develop and deliver (or contribute to) sales presentations in support of Web team initiatives
- Design and develop prototypes
- Conduct usability evaluations
- Conduct user/usability testing
- Conduct usability research
- Advise on all aspects of UI design during the build of each design and provide ongoing UI design support to project teams.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Software engineering experience a plus (J2EE or .Net)
- A degree in one of the following areas: Psychology; Cognition; Computer Science; Human Factors Engineering; Interaction Design; Usability Engineering (Master’s Degree is a plus); Training in User Interface Design and/or Usability Engineering (either from a university or conference)
- Exceptional presentation and client facilitation skills
- Page development and or visual design experience, while not required, would be considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 years User Interface Design / Usability Engineering experience
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- We embrace change and initiate opportunity
- We have a passion for growth
- We believe in spirited teamwork
- We have the courage to innovate
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.