I’ve started to capture all of the Canadian User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Information Architecture (IA), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), etc. jobs at Canadian UX Jobs – http://davidcrow.ca/jobs/.
I did a quick job search on HotJobs, Monster.ca and Workopolis just for kicks. (Let’s be honest, I am one of the 75% of employees just waiting for the economy to turn around). It’s great to see that the market is coming back to life. I also noticed a larger number of UI postings in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Montreal. I’ve been in my current role for about 2.5 years, it is not a UI role, it is not a product development role. I’ve had a lot fun, but I think it might be time to start looking seriously again.
- UI Developer Workbrain
- Manager, User Interface Design Workbrain
- UI Developer CMS Software
- UI Developer CNC Global (recruiting firm)
- UI .Net Developer TouchPoint Solutions
- UI Architect/JSP Web Developer NCR
- Manager, Information Architecture Organic
- Interface Developer Truition
I am intrigued that a lot of these jobs are for front-end developers. There are not a lot of design jobs.