I have spent a couple of days working with Basecamp and I am truly impressed. It is simple and elegant. It is a very straight-forward way to think about projects, milestones and tasks.
I also noticed a number of other tools in reading Macintouch that had released new versions. Here is a list of the other tools I looked at to do my task management/project tracking.
- Basecamp – http://www.basecamphq.com/
- Copper Project – http://www.copperproject.com/
- dotProject – http://www.dotproject.org/
- netOffice – http://netoffice.sourceforge.net/
- Tasks – http://www.alexking.org/index.php?content=software/tasks/content.php
- Taskware – http://taskware.sourceforge.net/
- Projectory – http://projectory.sourceforge.net/
- PMTool – http://www.willuhn.de/projects/pmtool/
I also came across Teamwork.Cubes which looks like a great small business Intranet solution for non-MS platform users. It is out of my price range but it looks great.